In 2011 the UBI Banca Group completed Business Plan action designed to optimise the distribution network and to improve customer service models. In detail:
- the new “hour-glass” shaped distribution model was introduced in the network banks on 1st August, together with “Local Departments” for improved co-ordination of the different customer segments (retail, private banking and corporate) in specific local areas;
- preparatory and preliminary work began in October on “Mass market team” and “Developer” projects (operational since January 2012), which revised customer segmentation and the relative service models.
During the year, the Group also maintained a strong focus on the supply of advisory services to both businesses (“corporate advisory” for mid and large corporate customers) and private individuals (“pro-active wealth advisory" and “family business advisory” for private banking customers; the new evolved service and advisory model UBI Gold for “top affluent” customers as well as the normal investment advisory services provided by the financial planning and advisory platform in the UBI Light version).
Work continued at the same time to improve the multi-channel strategy, with the launch of the online sale of the Enjoy and Qui UBI cards, the expansion of the platform for private individual and small business customers enhanced with new information and payment functions, the release of a mobile application for BlackBerry. Direct marketing initiatives through the Contact Centre were also intensified.
Numerous new changes were also made in the payment cards sector, including the following: the completion of the migration to chip technology; various initiatives launched with the Enjoy card (including the “Enjoy special edition” initiative) and the launch of the debit card ‘I WANT TUBI’ for minors.
Work also continued to upgrade payment systems to comply with the European directive on payment services (PSD) and the relative subsequent provisions and migration to SEPA payment instruments was commenced.
Finally, the UBI Banca Group increased its commitment to support the third sector by launching a new service model dedicated to the church and non-church nonprofit world, named UBI Community.
The Retail Market - Private Individuals
Development of products and services: current accounts
- I WANT TUBI
- Duetto Basic
- Project for the renewal of the range of current accounts
The Retail Market - Small Businesses
Product development for the segment:
The Private Banking Market
Again in 2011 the UBI private banking service model underwent intense development with the expansion of advisory services at the same time in the following areas:
financial advisory services:
- Pro-Active Wealth Advisory
- Family Business Advisory
- Planning and financial consulting platform
- the “UBI Pramerica asset management” range of products was broadened
- the range of banc assurance products was revised
The Corporate Market
Click here to download details on products and services listed above.
For any further information about UBI Banca products, please visit the commercial website www.ubibanca.com (available only in Italian)
Research & Development activity was performed centrally by the Group’s service company.
The main project work carried out in 2011 involved in some cases the continuation of projects already initiated in the previous year and in others the development of new opportunities offered by technological progress to support corporate processes and customer relationships.